The Hostel Manaus
Hostel Manaus is located in one of the towns original residences, built during the rubber boom of early last century. The heritage listed site, with its high ceilings, chandeliers and polished wood floors, has been adapted to cater for a range of travelers, from individuals to groups of up to 80, while preserving the homely feel and charm of the buildings original ambience.
Built for comfort and privacy, our spacious dorms and private rooms come complete with en-suites, custom built furniture, and generous locker space for worry free storage of belongings. To suit the tropical climate, the hostel is of an 'open air' design, from the high windows of the historical facade, to the architecturally designed wood covering out back, which stretches upwards from there to include all three levels of the hostel in its shade.
Hostel Manaus offers a kitchen for the guest, safe long term luggage storage, and open dining patio areas, you won't be disappointed with what's on offer. So whether its joining the party up there on the roof, or just stretching out for a movie in the living area, you will find your space here at Hostel Manaus.
Hostel Manaus offers both broadband internet terminals and fast Wi-Fi connection.
Bring your Notebook or PDF to make use our unlimited Wi-Fi internet service, available 24hrs in the common area and 100% free to our guests.
At hostel Manaus you will enjoy the best hostel breakfast Manaus has to offer, not to mention a host of other services you might be surprised to find are available here at our hostel, including air conditioner use, bed linen, and for those doing a jungle tour, regardless of which company you book with, secure locker space big enough for your whole backpack, at no extra charge.
- 24hr secure taxi service available when requested by e-mail;
- Area with sink for washing clothes by hand;
- Internal garden areas;
- Smoking area;
- Mini-supermarket - including repellent and other things needed for jungle trips;
- Jungle Tour Office (Amazon Antonio Jungle Tours);
- Boat tickets - competitive prices with added service of free pickup from hostel;
- Guest travel equipment exchange, and charity;
- Lost property;
- Notice board and pamphlet area;
- Cable TV - multilingual channels;
- Library and Book Exchange - multilingual;
- Common Room;
- Covered Rooftop Patios with Panoramic views from the city;
- External social area Beer garden;
- Gallery of Art
Food & Drink
- Self service Breakfast - includes: ham, cheese, bread, rolls, jam, hot chocolate, black tea, herbal tea, fruit, juice, fresh milk (no powdered milk)
- Guests use Kitchen - from 10am untill 22pm;
- Guest use fridge and freezer space;
- Coffee & tea area;
- Water filter providing free drinkable water;
- BBQ area;
- Drinks fridge - 24 hours;
24 Hour Security;
- Closed circuit security system - in hostel and on street;
- 24 Hour Reception - multilingual at all hours;
- Private safes for valuables - please bring a padlock to make use of this service;
- Safe room;
- Electric perimeter protection;
- Unlimited, long term luggage storage - please bring a padlock to make use of this service;
- Illumination on street;
- Security grills.
English speaking reception;
- Unlimited, 24hr WIFI at common area of hostel;
- Computer terminals;
In Room Facilities
Six and eight bed dorms;
- Male, Female and mixed dorms;
- Dormitory with Split system air conditions (no noisy window units);
- Private Dormitory with 01 bunk bed and A/C
- Dormitory with Ceiling Fans;
- Private rooms with internal and external bathroom;
- Family private rooms;
- En- suite bathrooms;
- Air sealed bed linen;
- Mosquito screens;
- Security lockers for whole Backpacks - please bring your own padlock to utilize our locker space;
- Iron and ironing board use;
- Extra long bunk beds - custom built for tall guests;
- Full length mirrors;
Hostel Manaus was the first hostel in the city center to be accredited by Hostelling International, who's worldwide recognized symbol, indicates a high standard in guest reception, cleanliness, security and comfort.
Categorized with the highest possible rating by HI, we are one of the few hostels in Brazil to be implementing the new HI-Q standard of service, a system of quality that goes beyond normal HI standards.